If you are looking for a new way to minimize lines, wrinkles, pore size, and acne scars, Dermal Needling might be the solution you have been waiting for. A modern version of micro-needling, minuscule needles safely puncture the skin to create new collagen production and can reach as far down as the dermis by adjusting the depth of the treatment.
The needling action rejuvenates collagen and elastin by creating safe injuries to the skin and stimulating the body’s natural repair process. During each treatment ( one treatment every 4 weeks), the skin is pierced with adjustable lengths of needles so that the topical prescription serums are absorbed at the proper level. As the skin heals, these small punctures form new collagen for a healthier-looking, smoother skin.
The skin will be tighter, firmer, and smoother after the recovery period. The skin heals without any scars, similar to how the skin recovery after IPL or a superficial chemical peel. Treated areas may be red, slightly swollen and feel tight or day for a couple days with minimal to no bruising.
Bottom Line: The same principle of creating safe skin injuries is seen with laser treatments and uses the same basic sciences. Micro-needling may be beneficial to those who are not good candidates for lasers.
- There ar no known negative side effects
- Extremely high absorption of topical skin care products
- Collagen induction through controlled mechanical stimulation of the dermis
- It can be performed on thinner skin types
- It can be applied to the face, neck, and body
- Realignment of collagen bundles (scar tissue)
- 24-48 hour healing period, patient can return to regular daily activities
- This process stimulates your own collagen, which is natural and long lasting
- The process is safe for all skin types and colours
- The process is not painful
Call to book in for your complimentary consultation 604.619.4959